Indiana Jones film introduced for 2022, Harrison Ford will return one final time
For some, the question of whether or not Harrison Ford's character will be re-cast on the acclaimed Indiana Jones franchise is a big topic of heated debate. While it is understandable that the actor cannot be expected to play the role forever, it is a sin to think of another actor in his place. Well, now you don't have to consider this scary possibility anymore as Disney has confirmed it Indiana Jones 5 production is slated to begin, with Ford revisiting the legendary archaeologist's character, although it will be the last time the actor wears that priceless fedora.
At the highly anticipated Disney Investor Day event, Disney announced that Indiana Jones 5 would begin filming next spring, although preproduction is already underway.
"Lucasfilm is in preproduction for the next episode of Indiana Jones," the company said. "At the top are James @ Mang0ld, director of Ford versus Ferrari, and Indy himself. Harrison Ford, will be back to continue his legendary character's journey. "
Lucasfilm is in preproduction for the next episode of Indiana Jones. At the forefront is James @ Mang0ld, director of Ford v Ferrari, and Indy himself, Harrison Ford, will return to continue his legendary character's journey. The adventure arrives in July 2022.
– Star Wars (@starwars) December 10, 2020
The announcement pacifies massive speculation that Ford may not return as a famous adventurer, despite the fact that the film, although confirmed to repeat the role in 2016, has been postponed to 2021. The actor was last viewed as the well-known adventurer in 2008, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. With the gap between the films already wider than fans anticipated, the added delay and the fact that Ford moved on to other projects in the years that followed gave way to wilder theories
There has even been speculation that Chris Pratt will appear with an Indian Jones' bullwhip and leather jacket, but luckily the 78-year-old actor has no plans to hand over his inheritance. He had already confirmed the same thing in 2016 during a conversation with Jimmy Kimmel, in which he emphasized that "I'm ready" when the character gets a new story, a new adventure.
"An opportunity to work with (producer) Steven (Spielberg) again and rethink the character that has brought joy to so many people, not to mention me," he said. "This character is great fun to play. Steven is great fun to work with. I'm looking forward to it."
As previously known, James Mangold, director of Oscar-nominated Ford versus Ferrari, will lead this next chapter in Indiana Jones' adventurous life, instead of Steven Spielberg, who made the first four films in the franchise. This time he's on board as executive producer, along with Kathleen Kennedy of Lucasfilm and Frank Marshall as producers. After Spielberg decided to step back from developing the fifth and final Indiana Jones film, Mangold took over. And Marshall has already made sure in a conversation with Collider that the director of Ford versus Ferrari is perfect for the franchise.
"His love for the franchise. He's a wonderful filmmaker. I think he has a relationship with Harrison too. It was all the right plays that came together at the right time," he shared, adding that "Steven stays as a producer, we have so best of all. "Well, the movie's success won't be decided until it's released. Subject to further delays, Dr. Jones' fifth adventure is expected to hit theaters in July 2022. This news comes from the official Disney Twitter page.
Subjects: Indiana Jones, Indiana Jones 5